VIC, Thomastown Recreation & Aquatic Centre - Thomastown VIC 3074
- Are you passionate about promoting aquatic and leisure activities to the community?
- Do you possess outstanding people skills with the ability to generate leads?
- Are you passionate about fitness, love dealing with people and thrive on delivering unbeatable customer service?
- Enjoy a great work / life balance with mornings, evenings and weekend shifts
Thomastown Recreation & Aquatic Centre (TRAC) is a large, year round facility that includes an indoor 25 meter lap pool, hydrotherapy pool, warm water pool, fun pool with water slide, toddlers pool, sauna, steam room, spa, gym, group exercise, multi-purpose sports court, occasional childcare and function room hire. We also have an outdoor water park with great activities for the kids complete with BBQ facilities.
As a Swimming Teacher you will teach effective Swimming and Water Safety to help grow our swim program. You may be required to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes.
You will have a passion for swimming and making children safer around the water. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun, with a flair for working with children. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure swim school members, patrons and parents are gaining maximum benefit and enjoyment from the services provided.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
Skills & Attributes
- Energetic, innovative and decisive teaching style
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An understanding of OHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a strong and valuable part of the team
- Passion for water safety
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of guests
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 250 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
If you like the sound of us, then jump in and submit your application. We’d love to hear from you!
Apply now !!
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at .