About the role:
The Student Counsellor provides a range of advice and counselling services to students of BHI to facilitate successful learning outcomes and enrich their personal and social wellbeing. Strategies and modes used include e-counselling, group programs, project work and teamwork with other staff.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
• A relevant tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Counselling, or equivalent
• Registration with AHPRA to practice as a Psychologist, or eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers
1. Counselling Services: Demonstrated counselling experience and crisis intervention skills along with specialist knowledge in education or vocational training, youth at risk, mental health, learning skills, flexible learning, psychotherapy models, e-counselling, psychosocial programs, rehabilitation or trauma recovery.
2. Compliance and Standards: Proven knowledge of and experience in ensuring compliance with relevant statutory requirements and professional standards relevant to the counselling profession.
3. Conflict Management: Listens to, and acknowledges that the concerns of others have been heard. Clarifies problems and seeks options to resolve conflict. Negotiates agreed actions to deal with conflict.
You will need to provide or be willing to obtain a current National Police Records Check, a Working with Children Check, evidence of your entitlement to work in Australia, and certified copies of your qualifications.
Interested in starting a career with one of Australia's leading Institutes? At BHI we value our people. We offer more than just a job; we offer benefits to enhance your work life, help you grow, and celebrate your achievements. Employment benefits include:
• Novated leasing and salary packaging
• Purchased leave
• Employee discounts on health insurance, car rental, newspaper subscriptions and more
• Library access, digital and online Resources
• Discounts services including floristry, beauty, Fountains Restaurant, Vet Clinic & Dog Grooming
• Counselling support services (EAP) and Health and wellbeing program
• Discounts on CAE/Box Hill Institute short courses for staff and their immediate family
• Staff development program
• Study fee reductions for approved internal courses and study support for approved courses
• Reward and Recognition Programs
Jobs you might also be interested in