Speech Pathologist Position
Here are some great things about living in Mackay:
Why work with us?
* You want to be part of a supportive and fun team that treat each other like family.
* You want to provide the best holistic and client-centred care to your clients without all the red tape.
* You want to be supported to grow and progress to be the best therapist you can be. Or you want to be supported to continue your growth and be a Senior Speech Pathologist or open a SpeechEase clinic of your own.
* You want flexible working hours that meet your personal and family needs.
* Above award wage with bonuses
* Flexible working hours - Want to have a long weekend every weekend or every second weekend? Let's do it!
* Regular supervision - Weekly group supervision and weekly individual mentoring to ensure you grow both as a person and a professional.
* Regular planning days:
o Quarterly planning days where the whole team get together to talk about how we can better support our clients.
o Quarterly clinical training days where members of the clinical team provide in-depth in-services based on training that has been attended.
* Structured 2 year internship program to ensure you are confident and comfortable working with a complex and varied caseload. This includes paid registration at the following courses (if you haven't already attended):
o Introduction to PODD & Alternate Access
o SOS Approach to Feeding
o Hanen More Than Words
o Introduction to Auslan
o Introduction to PROMPT
* Exciting pathways to continue your professional growth and development after completing your internship with us:
o High Income Earner - Be the best therapist you can be and be rewarded for that financially.
o Clinical Leader - Learn the skills to be a Senior Speech Pathologist and provide supervision and mentoring.
o Operations Leader - Learn the skills to manage a clinic from business to marketing to finances.
o Partnership - Operate, lead and share in the profits of your own SpeechEase clinic.
o Side Hustle - Do that extra thing you've always dreamt of, create a resource, become a certified presenter in a technique, complete further study.
We are a team of fun, bubbly and supportive individuals with a desire to help those with speech and language challenges to be known for who they are, to have a voice and to show the world that they have something to say worth listening to. We work with both children and adults within all domains of Speech Pathology, in a fun fast-paced environment as a close-knit team.
About the Role:
We are recruiting for enthusiastic, fun and committed Speech Pathologists to join our team in Mackay on a full-time basis.
You will be providing assessment and therapy for people of all ages who have communication and swallowing difficulties due to developmental disability, acquired disability, degenerative neurological onditions and/or learning difficulties.
Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor of Speech Pathology (or equivalent) - New graduates are welcome and encouraged to apply - you will be joining a team that will completely support you to meet the needs of our clients.
* Registered as a CPSP member of Speech Pathology Australia
* The ability to pass a Working with Children's Check
* Demonstrated ability to learn to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team to assist children and adults with complex communication and swallowing needs including:
* Possession of a C class driver's licence and own vehicle for home and community-based sessions.
* Be driven, flexible, enthusiastic, evidence-based, willing to learn and able to have fun!
How to Apply:
Please attach your resume and cover letter outlining why you are the most suitable applicant to join our team when applying.