Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
To realise this ambition, we recently made a significant organisation change to a six College structure with a professional staff and services alignment.
We recognise the key to our success is exceptional people and we’re seeking an outstanding individual to join the team of our transformed university.
Continuing, part-time (0.8 FTE)
Higher Education Officer Level 5
$71,596 - $79,016 pa pro-rata
Senior Stimulated Learning Environment Technical Officer
Under general supervision, the position will be responsible for assisting and supporting the technical team in a range of advanced technical functions within the Simulated Learning Environment. The position provides an efficient service to primarily support the Medicine teaching program by ensuring student workshops are prepared and set up to enhance the learning experience of the students.
Key Position Responsibilities
The Technical Officer is responsible for:
- Assisting in the operations within the Simulated Learning Environment Teaching Facility including the setting up and dismantling of specialized practical teaching and assessment sessions primarily for Medicine students.
- Providing technical advice and assistance during practical classes including demonstration of equipment, procedures and techniques as required.
- Ensuring all equipment is appropriately cleaned, checked, stored, and maintained.
- Assisting in maintaining a range of complex equipment in good working order including its assembly, testing, and repairing.
- Coordinating the SCIMS (Structured Clinical Instructional Modules) which includes arranging Standardised Patients (SPs)
- Ensuring IT AV and high-fidelity simulation equipment is functioning as required prior to and during workshops.
- Assisting with Work Health & Safety (WHS) within the Medicine Simulated Learning Environment including record keeping, hazard management, equipment, hazardous chemicals, and dangerous goods.
- Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the role as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
Key Position Capabilities
- Completion of a degree without subsequent relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education and/or training.
- Demonstrated experience in working with new and emerging simulation technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide support for teaching staff and participants in educational programs.
- Previous experience of working with, and coordinating Standardised Patients
- Previous experience with high fidelity manikins.
- Demonstrated experience in health education settings.
- Current knowledge of Work Health Safety (WHS) Legislation, including risk management.
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a team, with a willingness to work flexibly.
- Well-developed organisational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and use initiative with general supervision
- Well-developed computer skills, particularly in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel).
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus.
For application enquiries please contact: Mrs Angela Binns
Information for Applicants:
You are required to provide a suitability statement of no more than three pages, addressing the key capabilities of the position as outlined above. In addition, you are required to upload your CV.
A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
We are seeking to increase the diversity to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants, people with a disability and/or from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders descent to apply.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications Close 11:59 pm:
28 Apr 2021