Chandler Macleod have an upcoming 12-month temporary assignment with our Federal Government client for a Senior Clinical Project Officer. This assignment is conveniently located in the CBD and on a Monday to Friday roster, full time hours with possible overtime.
In accordance with the principles of workplace diversity, Work Health and Safety, participative work practices, APS values and APS Employment Principles the Senior Clinical Project Officer will:
1. Under limited supervision, coordinate the service improvement program of works to support high quality mental health service delivery, focussed on the establishment of web-based forums.
o supporting teams, projects and clinical quality improvement activities with the provision of effective clinical and strategic advice, strategies, plans, channels and deliverables;
o applying project management skills which includes developing quality project documentation using best practice approaches, undertaking complex stakeholder management, conducting risk assessment and applying mitigation strategies;
o applying change management skills; and
o providing subject matter expertise to deliver procurement activities, manage associated contracts, and ensure compliance.
2. Develop and support effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve Section, Branch and Agency goals as part of the Commonwealth Government's broader business, by anticipating and responding to stakeholder needs.
3. Coordinate strategic planning for longer-term initiatives, including implementing web-based forums to enable veterans and families to connect with Community and Peer Advisors. This includes drafting business and project documentation, supporting consolidation of strategic priorities, and working across the Clinical Innovations Section and National Operations in an agile manner to meet business improvement priorities.
4. Develop and maintain documentation to track, monitor, report and contribute to the evaluation and integration of the client initiatives into business as usual within the service. This will be achieved with a focus on quality and national consistency, supporting implementation at a regional level to ensure best practice outcomes.
5. Coordinate and develop advice, input, briefings, papers, submissions and correspondence for use in both internal and external decision-making forums.
6. Provide Secretariat support, and assist with the development and conduct of focus groups and Working Groups as required.
7. Provide supervision, mentoring and coaching for the direct reports to effectively manage performance and encourage professional growth.
8. Support an environment that encourages a willingness to adopt participative work place practices in line with policies of WHS, Workplace Diversity and the Australian Public Service values, Employment Principles and the APS Code of Conduct.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS or SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
There are no mandatory clinical qualifications required. Qualifications, skills and experience in mental health, psychology, social sciences, humanities or a related field, digital service delivery, change management, and project management are highly regarded.
A high standard of written and oral communication is essential for this role.
The successful applicant must be IT proficient and able to work flexibly across multiple issues with limited guidance.
There is a high degree of stakeholder engagement in this role, requiring the successful applicant to have complex stakeholder management experience and demonstrated communication skills to effectively manage these relationships.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have an understanding of mental health services; digital service delivery and implementation of web-based forums; experience in research and evaluation; change management; procurement including contract management; as well as relevant experience in the Australian Public Service, and the Australian Defence Force.
Successful applicants will be require to complete a 1 page pitch up to 1000 words, covering the duty statement and selection criteria.
Please note: Successful applicants will be contacted only
If you have the skills required and you are available for an immediate start please follow the "apply now" link below.