Will you actively create a healthier future for tomorrow?
At Medibank we’re encouraged to think big. We have a clear purpose to impact better health outcomes for our customers, patients and our community.
We celebrate diversity of thought because we want to make better decisions for our customers. As we work towards our goal of better health for better lives, we value the knowledge and contribution of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. We are working hard to create an inclusive workplace and develop Indigenous careers.
Our Nurse Triage team takes calls from virtually all over Australia. The team will triage symptoms and provide recommendations helping callers make informed healthcare decisions. Nurse Triage provides general health information and, if appropriate, referral to local service providers. This is a safe and accessible service operating 24/7, 365 days a year.
Roles are offered at a minimum of 18.75 hours per week and a maximum of 37.5 hours a week. You must be available to work in shifts mainly during the night, overnight (early am), and weekend periods.
Applications will be considered for a fixed-term contract until 30th June 2022.
Our phone-based work from home Nurse Triage role includes:
• Helping callers through challenging situations using our clinical triage system
• Ensuring clinical governance and care outcomes are met; using our technology and systems to complement strong clinical assessment skills which arrive at a suitable disposition for each caller,
• Induction and 2 weeks of virtual training, along with ongoing support and assistance.
You are a Division 1, Registered Nurse, with 3 years recent experience (full-time equivalent clinical nursing experience in the last 5 years in either Emergency, Acute Medical, Critical Care or Paediatrics in Australia.
Recent experience on the following wards will be considered: High Dependency Unit (HDU), General, Surgical, Midwifery, Maternity, and Practice Nursing.
With clear communication skills and the ability to problem solve on the spot, you are self-driven and passionate about improving the lives of Australians.
Key requirements for this role include:
• Current AHPRA registration with no limitations
• Superior nursing assessment skills
• Intermediate IT skills; comfortable navigating software, and multitasking including typing and talking at the same time.
• Availability to work a variety of weekends and evenings/nights on a fixed roster
Your eligibility to work from home requires:
• A dedicated private room which can be used for your home office set up with no disruptions
• An active landline and suitable internet connection
Please chat to us if you are unsure about your eligibility to work from home – we are always happy to support new-employee setups.
Please also note that due to business requirements, unfortunately, leave in the first 3 months of your employment may not be accommodated.