▪ Full time 6 month fixed term
▪ Dynamic team environment
▪ Varied and interesting role
As our natural resources become scarcer we face growing challenges of urbanisation, consumerism and climate change and require innovative solutions that support growth and sustainability.
Veolia helps cities and industries around the world to manage, optimise and make the most of their resources. Veolia Water Technologies, a company within the Veolia group, provides an array of solutions related to water and wastewater facilities and plants.
We are currently investing in our Projects business and recruiting for an energetic and results driven Project Engineer to join our team based in Macquarie Park, NSW. Reporting to the General Manager, you will work closely with key internal stakeholders across the Project Management and Engineering teams.
You will be responsible for:
• Checking the validity of technical decisions made within the framework of the project.
• Ensuring design changes are reviewed, approved, recorded, maintained and communicated to all relevant parties.
• Coordinating, with support from the Administration Officer, the document control between the Client, Design team and Suppliers.
• Participation in the selection of suppliers and sub-contractors
• Assisting the Project Manager with obtaining quotations from suppliers.
• Expediting, compiling and developing a broad range of technical and quality documentation for project activities.
• Contacting and liaising with suppliers, vendors and fabricators to obtain documents for review and submission to clients.
• Liaising and following up with multidisciplinary technical teams in Australia and overseas.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Bachelor degree in Engineering or a related field (preferably Mechanical background)
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role in the water treatment industry
• Ability to read, understand and act upon P&IDs, Iso’s, GA’s and other project drawings, specifications and technical documentation.
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to deal effectively with personnel at all levels
• The right to permanently work in Australia
Veolia as an employer
At Veolia Water Technologies we aim to recruit, develop and retain employees, and have built a unique culture and working environment based on our corporate values. We encourage every employee to take an active role in their career and learning development and offer competitive, flexible remuneration packages, and an achievable company-wide incentive scheme.
Applications close Monday 26th April 2021. No recruitment agencies please.
JobOperation / Maintenance / Construction Engineer