The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
The University invites applications for the 5-year fixed-term position of Professor of Practice in Mining Engineering. As a Professor of Practice, your primary role will be one of teaching and you will be expected to use your industry experience to enhance student learning and opportunities to engage with industry. Although personal research is not a core part of your role, you will be expected to assist colleagues in developing broader industry relationships and in promoting opportunities for industry-focused research projects.
The successful applicant will:
- Provide academic leadership to improve the quality of teaching and training, and ensure alignment with current and future industry expectations and needs.
- Coordinate and contribute to teaching and training activities related to undergraduate/postgraduate students. These are likely to include delivering units within both Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Engineering and Masters courses.
- Supervise final year projects for students, both Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Engineering and Masters.
- Liaise with external lecturers who provide some of the Mining Engineering units.
- Provide the coordination and leadership role of Program Chair for the Mining Engineering specialisations (both undergraduate and postgraduate) at UWA.
This is anticipated to be a fully teaching appointment, but there are opportunities for research, either individually or in collaboration with other staff members and/or researchers outside UWA.
For further information applicants are encouraged to direct enquiries to:
Professor Richard Durham, Program Chair of Mining Engineering, +61 8 6488 3087 or email email@example.com
Applications close on Friday, 23 April 2021
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019).
UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.