We look forward to you joining our Northern New South Wales Region as our new Mechanical Engineer. Based in Newcastle as a key member of our Buildings Group, you will be ready for your next challenge as you you're your professional career to the next level as part of a large-scale organisation with the team at GHD.
Our diverse and multidisciplinary team enjoys a wide range of projects ranging from specialised sporting centres, tertiary education expansions, large hospitality venues, aquatic centres and even large-scale infrastructure projects such as large rail or travel terminal works.
The role will see you;
• Pursuing your passions as you support a wide range of mechanical engineering tasks, from concept through to completion, with a heavy emphasis on HVAC design and related areas of specialisation
• Leveraging your proven mechanical engineering experience and expanding your technical capabilities as you work within a true multidisciplinary team across challenging and diverse projects
• Delivering creative solutions to meet the needs of our clients, utilising your technical knowledge to provide advisory support when required
• Collaborating with other technical specialists as you team with others across the organisation to deliver client focused solutions that continue to support our strong standing as a wider Building Group
Our ideal candidate will possess;
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in a mechanical discipline coupled with well-developed skills and experience across HVAC design and related documentation
• Experience in a similar design focused role with a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of current mechanical engineering technologies
• An ability to collaborate with others to deliver technical projects, ideally as part of a multidisciplinary team
• A client centric approach in the delivery of technical solutions and management of key stakeholder relationships
• Those with an understanding of BIM workflows and practices and Revit skills will be highly regarded, as will those with a working knowledge of IES and an understanding of sustainable design principles