We are currently looking to appoint an experienced Maintenance Team Leader based in Kewdale. This role will suit someone looking for a fast paced, energetic environment with a commitment to safety.
Using your extensive experience in a similar role and industry to safely and effectively maintain company assets through day-to-day leadership of individuals and maintenance teams ensuring OEM and legislative standards are met.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Cert III Heavy Vehicle Road Transport.
- Capability to obtain Dangerous Goods Security Card.
- HR licence as a minimum.
- National Police Clearance - obtained in the last six months.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work a 2 and 1 rotating roster to facilitate our 24/7 workshop operation.
- Demonstrated ability working within a fast-paced environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous diagnostic investigation experience.
- Be a team player, open and honest who consistently delivers an exceptional customer service experience.
- Hold a flexible approach to business commitments.
Skills essential to the role:
- People management and communication skills - Lead, promote and maintain clear ethical communications between all parties
- Continual improvement of workplace safety processes through analysis and resolution of identified shortfalls
- Build a comprehensive understanding of statutory requirements including but not limited to DG road transport requirements.
- Ability to lead, assist & train in diagnosing faults safely, competently and efficiently in a timely manner
- Strong technical knowledge of heavy vehicle trucks and trailers
- Ensure compliance to process and best practices in the safe and competent use of testing equipment, hand tools and workshop equipment
- Ongoing review of system reporting to identify changes in planning strategies to deliver efficiencies in asset availability and utilisation
- Ensure compliance to plan (maintenance) is adhered to - target 90% plan compliance
- Adherence to periodic statutory inspections/compliance of workshop plant and equipment (daily, monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Management and participation in the action and notification of all incidents compliant to TOLL incident reporting process
What we offer:
- 2x1 Local Rosters - Home every day
- Earning capability more than $140k
- 12.5% Superannuation
- Paid meal breaks and 5 weeks annual leave
- Long term employment
- A friendly team based working environment
- Supplied and Laundered uniforms.
- Supplied PPE (Including Boots, $300 towards protective prescription glasses).
- Modern workshops with diagnostic equipment.
- Supportive and collaborative management.
- Develop your career with a variety of training and development options, both in house and through our suppliers.
- Employee Assistance Program: Support you or your family need with our confidential employee wellbeing assistance program.
- Discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental.
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 44,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.