Our Business Investigations team is expanding and we are interested to hear from candidates looking for quality investigations work on a casual or consultancy basis.
Immediately available candidates who have experience working at a law firm, large corporate, professional services firm or in law enforcement are encouraged to apply. Previous experience in conducting investigations is desirable, although not a must.
What you'll bring
To be successful as an investigator in our team, you will:
• Preferably have a law degree; a background in Employee Relations, internal audit or police background will also be considered.
• Be self-directed and able to own and run an investigation end-to-end within specified timeframes, moving quickly to minimise stress and anxiety on those involved in the investigation.
• Have a flexible approach to hours to accommodate interstate time zones and mining rosters.
• Communicate matter progress and escalate any issues proactively and clearly.
• Manage a range of stakeholder expectations through regular, clear and courteous communication.
• Treat matters confidentially and sensitively.
• Uphold and display integrity and ethical behaviour at all times, affording all investigation participants with dignity and an open mind.
• Be able to pick up interviewing skills and evidence analysis quickly.
• Be open to learning trauma-informed processes and approaches.
• Have strong plain English drafting skills.
• Have confidence and willingness to adopt new IT platforms and applications.
• Be comfortable with conducting investigations virtually but able to appear in person, subject to client needs.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be a part of a national team of lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day.
We'll provide you with training and dedicated points of contact and we'll support you to be successful.
You'll enjoy competitive rates and a flexible working pattern to suit your individual circumstances.