At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Hydraulics Engineer, we'll count on you to:
• Coordinate the work of the mechanical design team through the schematic design development and contract document phase of a project
• Establish meetings and participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
• Coordinate workload to complete the document on schedule
• Conduct work sessions at the project site in conjunction with the Project Manager and other disciplines
• Review mechanical documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines
• Write and edit mechanical specifications, selects equipment, mechanical systems and devices
• Coordinate with and assist affected disciplines with addenda, RFIs, CPRs and change orders, and take responsibility to incorporate agreed-upon changes into the project documents
• Provide construction contract administration as needed
• Conduct QA/QC on the work of other Mechanical Project Engineers, Mechanical Project Coordinators or Mechanical CAD Technicians as needed
• Perform other duties as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 5+ years experience in mechanical system design of commercial or institutional buildings
• Experience in commercial or institutional facilities
• Computer experience using MS Office, Trane TRACE or similar software, manufacturer selection software
• Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• Master's degree in Architectural Engineering with Mechanical emphasis
• Healthcare, Science and Technology and/or Civic facilities experience
• Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED desired but not required.