- Provide HSE expertise across SeaLink Northern Territory
- Permanent full-time position
- ASX listed company
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London, and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism, and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
SeaLink Northern Territory and Territory Transit, parts of the SeaLink Travel Group, are currently seeking a professional and highly motivated person to fill the position of HSE Coordinator to be based in the Darwin office.
The position will oversee the HSE requirements of SeaLink Northern Territory and Territory Transit operations, including vessel operations in Darwin, operating commuter and leisure services on Darwin Harbour, Tiwi Islands, and Bynoe Harbour, as well as vessel and bus operations in Darwin and Groote Eylandt regions.
Reporting to the General Manager, the HSE Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Developing the HSE Management System and Vessel & Bus Safety Management Systems (in conjunction with the management team).
- Promoting a positive and proactive safety culture.
- Promoting a safe working environment and the ongoing development of risk management processes.
- Continually improving management and employee education and awareness.
- Managing HSE and marine safety training needs.
- Monitoring changes and amendments to legislation and updating systems accordingly.
- Managing incident reporting and investigation and monitoring corrective actions.
- Managing emergency response and critical incident planning.
- Managing the drug and alcohol testing program.
- Undertaking vessel and workplace inspections, risk assessments, and internal audits.
- Analyzing trends in HSE performance and work with management to drive continual improvement.
- Managing worker's compensation claims and injury management process.
The successful applicant will have a Certificate IV or higher qualifications in WHS, experience in a similar role, and knowledge of Australian Maritime Safety is desirable.
You will need to be highly motivated with strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills. Above all, you will possess strong initiative, be a great team player and have the desire to develop and grow with SeaLink Northern Territory.
Being based in SeaLink Darwin Office, your work will be dedicated to SeaLink NT for 4 days and to Territory Transit for 1 day a week.
Excellent employment conditions will be offered to the successful applicant.
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question. We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications will close by 5:00 PM on the 6th of July 2021.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.