What will your typical day look like?
As a Director within our Workforce Transformation team, you will lead the plan, design, and delivery of high impact projects for our clients across Australia. You will also lead delivery teams of high performing consultants, and managers to ensure quality outcomes and deliverables. You will work on strategically important projects and deliver exceptional client service to some of Australia’s largest and most iconic clients – helping them solve challenges that truly matter to their organisation. You will also be responsible for leading business development activities, coaching of team members, risk management and financial management of client engagements.
We advise clients on a range of people related challenges including:
• Workforce strategy design: Defining the future workforce to support the realising of business priorities and changes to work, workers, and the workplace
• Leadership strategy and development program design: Defining leadership strategies and frameworks, designing human-cantered leadership development programs and journeys
• Evidence based talent management practices: Designing robust, research and data driven and practical talent practices, including leadership development, capability frameworks, career architectures, learning, recruitment, diversity and inclusion and wellbeing
• Learning strategy and advisory: Building high performing learning functions and fit-for-purpose learning strategies to support business transformations and goals
• Future of Work: Helping our clients imagine and move to the Future of Work including future work models, workforce augmentation and work re-design
We are very protective of our team culture. As a member of our team you will be expected to role model and protect our culture:
• We are a fun, warm and inclusive team
• We operate as an ecosystem and partner to build exciting propositions across services areas and with external partners
• Less ego, more amigo – we aren’t big into bureaucracy and status, we operate as a team of skilled professionals who take pride in their work
• We do cool work – our work is meaningful, challenging, and valuable to our clients
About the team
Our mission? To enhance a company’s value through its people. Deloitte Workforce Transformation combines business strategy with people strategy to achieve success for our clients. We don’t just understand our clients, we become one with them. By embedding ourselves in their teams, we focus on fostering diversity and inclusion in workplaces. We empower and upskill talent to radically transform traditional HR interventions and solutions.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
In this role, you will be a pivotal part of our growing team. Your intellectual curiosity, leadership ability, client centricity, sales experience and growth mindset will ensure your success in this position. We are instantly attracted to people who take development of themselves and those around them seriously, and who are empowered by the morale of those around them.
We are looking for a professional who has worked in either private or public sectors, ideally with consulting experience, and who has experience leading teams to solve business challenges in the disciplines related to Workforce Strategy, Leadership Development, Learning, Talent Management and Future of Work. Experience in the following areas is highly regarded:
• Consulting experience – working in a professional services consulting environment (Big 4 or Boutique) or working in an internal consulting function
• Leadership experience – ability to guide, direct, coach, develop and performance manage teams
• Workforce or People Strategy design – Creating a clear articulation of how people will help to deliver the corporate ambition / business strategy including a long-term profile of the workforce and the identification of opportunities and constraints related to people
• Leadership Development – including leadership strategy, program and learner journey design, leadership assessments and/or leadership coaching
• Learning and Development experience – including learning strategy, learning needs analysis, learner journey design and learning function advisory (i.e. operating models, governance)
• Talent management interventions, organisational development experience
• Background in behavioural sciences (i.e. organisational psychology), HR, Learning and Development and/or Business studies
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.